Self-care is important, yet we always seem to put ourselves on the back burner and take care of everyone else. However, we can only do that for so long before it takes a toll on our body mentally, emotionally, and physically. Self-care is not something we should consider but actually take part in, each and every day.
What is self-care?
Self care is anything that supports you, whether it's to feel healthy and well; manage the stress in your life or help you be overall the best version of you.
How do we approach self-care?
Self care falls into seven pillars:
Physical, Social, Spiritual, Emotional, Mental, Recreational and Environment. It is important to find a balance that allows you to address each of these areas.
Here are a few ways we recommend practicing self-care:
1. Stay connected to friends and family who make you happy.
2. Exercise regularly 30 minutes a day can boost your mood.
3. Eat healthy meals and stay hydrated. Studies show that eating fast foods regularly can lead to depression.
4. Have a regular sleep patterns.
5. Focus on positivity.
6. Join groups to find like-minded people.
7. Stay connected.
8. Book yourself a Facial or Pedi and practice relaxation techniques while getting a service!